Sabbatical Journey

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bunda reunion - Aug '06






Saturday was the gathering at Waimea Canyon with family members; there were over 220 members of our four families; Bunda, Izon, Crisostomo and Suarez. Lot of entertainment and food too. "Our younger generation" was in charge of the program including lots of Hawaiian song and dance, opera singer, uke players, hiphop dances; my sibblings and I sang a Filipino song - Ikau praising God and our love for God and for one another. After five hours of festivities we completed the 2nd phase of our family reunion.

On Sunday we had a Mass at the beach followed by picnic with games and swim at the beach. Great time for bonding with many of our family members. In the evening many of the family celebrated dinner at the condos, hotel or at home. Our family gathered at Mom and had a BBQ for dinner.

Monday was the annual golf tournament; I wasn't able to play golf and was the "official photographer" with my digital camera and camcorder. It was fun buzzing around the golf course with my cart and encouraging the golfers. After the golf we had lunch. My sibblings and I checked into Turtle Bay Resort for a day and enjoyed swimming at the pool, relaxing followed by dinner.

Checking our today, the 15th of August, on this feast of the Assumption. We are having Mass at Mom, followed by a family meeting and dinner.