Sabbatical Journey

Monday, August 28, 2006

Farewell to Hawaii



I left Hawaii last Tuesday morning on August 22nd; it has been a been a fantastic
time participating in the family reunion and enjoying all the stories and adventures of the family. One of the highlight of my trip was a visit to the Island of Kauai. Of course there were many family gatherings with lots of stories and food. I must have eaten my way to Hawaii enjoying the Filipino, Hawaiian, Chinese and Korean foods.We had a great five day Bunda reunion filled with lots of music, dance, stories, and conversation. Enjoyed Mom's home cooking and family delicacies too.
My broken collar bone is healing slowly and it feels great to be able to swim again. Took advantage of the great weather to go to the beach for rest and relaxation. Visited the Marianist brothers in Honolulu for three days. While I was there I was able to assist my niece Missy around Chaminade campus along with Krista from Corralitos near Santa Cruz. Great to see her Mom Laureen along with her other daughter Julia. Showed them around the Island including the Pali lookout. Later that weekend I went to Kapolei for a one year old birthday party for my grandchild's son Deric. Afterwards, visited my Aunt Baling for a house blessing. So I came home filled with lots of great memories and stories of Hawaii and our families.