Sabbatical Journey

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Palm Sunday




Blessings and peace to your hearts as we begin Holy Week with the celebration of Palm Sunday on this first day of April. We completed our eight day silent retreat last evening with Eucharist, social and a BBQ dinner. The retreat was a great time for all of us to integrate the first fifty days here at Sangre de Cristo Center. Having time for silence and solitude helped me to live out these Lenten days more fully. I also celebrated my 65th birthday on March 28th during our silent retreat. It was a unique experience and a milestone for me celebrating my birthday during retreat; gave thanks to God for the gift of life and for many blessings in my life. Felt supported and loved during these days and especially by the many religious men and women who are accompanying me during my journey here at Sangre. Have a joyful Holy Week and Easter season. Be assured of my prayers for you and your loved ones.