Sabbatical Journey

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rome



Blessings and greetings from Rome; arrived here on Sunday evening, October lst, from Dublin. I had a wonderful visit in Ireland and look forward to my visit to Rome and Italy. Weather is warmer than Ireland and the sights and sounds of Rome is exciting for me being back to Rome since the year 2000 when I was here for the beatification of Fr. William Chaminade, our founder of the Society of Mary. Staying at our Marianist General Administration on Via Latina outside the walls of Rome. Our Marianist Seminary is also here at this residence. Right now we have 15 seminarians from around the world. Italian is spoken here and at our morning and evening prayers along with Eucharist. Photos taken from the 4th floor of the residence overlooking the city of Rome; you can see the Vatican and the Dome of St. Peter's and the ancient walls of Rome too. I begin the sabbatical program on October 15th at Manziana, the International Spirituality Center for the Marist brothers, along with four other Marianists and fifteen Marists. I have time to visit the city and to experience Rome before the program begins.